Weather in all of it’s extremes is often to be marvelled at… admired… but unfortunately not always enjoyed. The soaring heat that our part of Australia has been experiencing recently has been reason enough to stock the freezer with copious quantities of icy-poles, to serve up antipasto platters for dinner and to lunch on a variety of cooling salads.
We enjoyed this salad with dinner the other night, while catching up with a dear friend who we hadn’t seen in a while and it was so refreshing that I decided to make it again for lunch today. It is adapted from a recipe in Nigella Lawson’s book ‘Forever Summer’.
Watermelon Feta and Olive Salad | Gather and Graze
- 750g Watermelon (diced)
- 125g Feta Cheese (diced or crumbled)
- 8 – 10 Kalamata Olives (pitted and quartered)
- Handful of Fresh Mint (Finely Sliced)
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of ½ a Lime
Arrange watermelon, feta, olives and mint in a serving bowl, drizzle over oil and lime juice.
- Option of adding a little finely sliced red onion (tossed through with the lime juice) to the salad.