Bringing in the New Year!

Gin and Tonic, Gather and Graze

A refreshing aperitif – Gin & Tonic – perfect on this summery afternoon!

Gather and Graze

Cooking al fresco on the BBQ – Linguine in the pot and Buttery Persillade Prawns in the pan.

Inspiration thanks to the lovely Stéphane, creative genius of My French Heaven!

PersilladePrawns

Last, but not least, a fabulous finish with decadent Dark Chocolate Sauce, ideal for smothering fresh Raspberries and Vanilla Bean Ice-cream.

Dark Chocolate Sauce, Gather and Graze

Dark Chocolate Sauce (for Ice Cream)

• 250ml/1 Cup Cream
  • 100g (70%) Dark Chocolate (Chopped)
  • 45g/3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (diced and softened)
  • 2 Tablespoons Icing Sugar (Sifted)

In a small saucepan, bring the cream just below boiling point. Remove from the heat and add the dark chocolate – allow to sit for a couple of minutes before stirring gently to combine. Add the butter and icing sugar and continue stirring until smooth and glossy.

Enjoy drizzled over ice-cream and berries.

Dark Chocolate Sauce, Gather and Graze

Fireworks, Gather and Graze

Happy New Year everyone! May 2014 bring you all much happiness and good health!

Margot.xx

Advertisements

28 thoughts on “Bringing in the New Year!

1. Pingback: Classic Waffles | Gather and Graze

2. laurasmess

What a gorgeous post Margot! Each photo was more drool-worthy than the last… LOVE the look of those simmering prawns and the chocolate and raspberry dessert cups. Elegant, simple, beautiful food. I hope that the rest of this new year will be just as beautiful… can’t wait to keep reading about your foodie adventures xx

1. Gather and Graze Post author

Thanks Cecilia! The glasses are a recent gift to ourselves, to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary – the first cut-crystal I’ve ever purchased. Lovely to have something a little fancy to drink (and eat) from now and then… 🙂
      Hope you’re all through the worst of the snow and ice over there! You, John and the animals seem to be coping so well throughout it all, but I can imagine how tough it must be.

3. Fig & Quince

What a delight for the senses this post is! The prawns look … gosh, they look GOOD! All of it does. And gin and tonic. My favorite go-to drink! Sounds like you had a beautiful evening and I wish you a beautiful new year as well, dear Margot! Happy 2014!

1. Gather and Graze Post author

Thanks so much Azita! It really was such a relaxing, lovely evening… it often is, when you start with a G&T! 😉 May 2014 bring you much happiness Azita!

4. gotasté

This is such a lovely post Margot. I can’t remember when is the last time I’ve had a gin tonic..and that prawn! yummmy! Thank you for sharing the wonderful link. I really would love to make it soon! 🙂 warmest, danny

1. Gather and Graze Post author

What a lovely comment Danny – thank you! The prawns were absolutely delicious and they went beautifully tossed through some long strands of pasta. I’ll be making them again soon too! 🙂

5. My French Heaven

Raspberries and chocolate. My idea of the perfect dessert! Well done you!!! 😉

1. Gather and Graze Post author

A delicious end to a delicious dinner! 🙂
      Should I feel honoured that you’ve commented twice on this post Stéphane, or has someone hijacked one of your gravatars? Will the real Stéphane Gabart step forward! 😉

1. Gather and Graze Post author

Thanks Mary, this sauce makes a regular appearance at dessert time in our home – it’s delicious and so quick to make at the last minute.
      We have a Weber gas BBQ (3 burners under the plate & grill, as well as a side burner for a pot/wok to sit on too). We’ve had it for a number of years now, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the model has been superseded by now. I can definitely recommend a Weber though – ours gets so much use around this time of year!
      Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

6. ohlidia

Everything looks fabulous Margot! My cousins in Australia were complaining how hot it was there, while I complained of how cold it is here! Happy New Year and all the best in 2014!

1. Gather and Graze Post author

Thank you Lidia, so kind of you to say so.
      It certainly has been rather warm over here – though we’ve been enjoying it all the same, because before we know it, it will be starting to get chilly again… winter can be rather long in my part of Australia.
      Here’s cheers to a fantastic 2014!

7. Johnny Hepburn

Hah! You’ve got your pouring shot already! Got in there before the year was out. How fabulous! And you went for Stéphane’s prawns (I shan’t cause you to blush by repeating his response to my perfectly innocent comment – I’m sure you know how the French are).

It stayed dry in the end. At least for the fireworks – that I viewed from my window. Quite spectacular.

1. Gather and Graze Post author

Lots of room for improvement with my pouring shots – but yes, very happy to get the first one out there and on the blog! There’s really no going back and scraping that sauce off the ice-cream if it doesn’t work, is there?!
      Loved the prawns, such classic flavours that always work so well together! I actually have to admit to less blushing and more giggling while reading Stéphane’s comments… 🙂
      How wonderful to be able to watch the fireworks from your window, in the warmth of your own home! Here’s to the year to come!

1. Gather and Graze Post author

I agree, it’s a wonderful blog with gorgeous food ideas/recipes that are portrayed so beautifully through his camera lens and words – all rather idyllic! The prawns were fantastic, even though I adapted them a little for our family – I could certainly have eaten a whole bowl full of the prawns on their own! A very Happy New Year to you too!

1. Gather and Graze Post author

Hope you still enjoyed a lovely evening all the same Karen – I don’t usually make it through to midnight either! Mostly due to the rest of the family disappearing to bed around 9pm… 😕
      It was fun cooking our dinner out on the back deck last night – the first time we’ve used the side/wok burner on the BBQ for cooking pasta – will be using it much more in future! and the dessert is an easy, but oh so yummy, family favourite.

1. Gather and Graze Post author

Sounds wonderful Suzanne! I decided to take the shells off the prawns for our meal, as I wanted to toss them through pasta at the end – they were so very delicious and lots of buttery, garlic sauce to mop up with bread once the pasta was gone.
      Hope you have a fabulous evening! Happy New Year! 🙂

Love to hear your thoughts...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s